‘Typequick for Students’ for Schools – Transforms Children’s Typing
Improving Children’s typing skills – Typequick will teach your pupils to type in around 10 hours
‘Typequick for Students’ tranforms children’s typing. It teaches children from the age of 6 up to 16 to touch type – but adults love it too! It adopts the same highly successful award-winning touch-typing teaching methodology as ‘Typequick Professional’, but uses a fun approach by following cool ‘Kewala’ as he travels around Australia meeting zany characters whilst learning to type along the way.
Typequick for Students will improve children’s typing by teaching them to type with all their fingers, without looking down at the keyboard, all in around 10 hours. Once they have learned the position of the keys, it will build up their speed and accuracy as it takes them through a range of further exercises that will hone their skills. When children’s typing improves, it has the added benefit of helping with with their spelling too.
Here are the main benefits:-
- Learn to touch-type in around 10 hours
- Build up speed and accuracy and achieve speeds of over 40 wpm and sometimes much higher
- No pop-up adverts or security fears that exist with free online programs
- Builds confidence to become a more efficient computer user
- Improving children’s typing gives them an advantage when so much school work takes place on a computer
- Helps with spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Helps save time for teachers as typed work is legible work
- Helps those children with dyslexia and other special needs
- Needs no supervision and can be used inside or outside school
- Web-based program, so no software to install.
And here are some of the program’s main features:-
- 100% secure online course hosted on massive reliable Google servers
- Contains a huge 60 hours of engaging, fun and sometimes challenging content, to keep you motivated and engaged
- Settings menu allows you to change the font size, style and colours, and adjust other controls
- Set and occasionally adjust your target speed and see your scores measured against it
- Follow Kewala’s journey with references to Google Earth showing real locations
- Introductory lesson covers the home keys, finger positions and posture
- Random tailored exercises are provided to give you extra practice on the keys where your accuracy is weakest
- Optional timed typing assessments, with no marking and automatic production of a Certificate of Achievement.
- Separate additional practice for number and punctuation keys.