‘Total Typequick’ – typing training without the effort
Are you looking for a high quality online touch typing training solution for your pupils without the need to spend time on administration? With ‘Total Typequick’, we provide a fully managed solution which means we take care of all the administration for you.
Whilst more than 80% of schools think that it is a good idea to provide pupils with touch-typing training, only around 15% do so. We have spoken to many schools about this and we have found that most cite three main reasons for not doing so.
The first is that they don’t have space on the timetable to offer typing training. The curriculum is already jam packed, and touch typing is not a national requirement, so it doesn’t get a look in.
The second is that they feel that they lack the knowledge and expertise to teach it – after all, most teachers cannot touch type either!
And finally, many schools just don’t have the time to deliver and manage it. Teaching staff are already severely stretched delivering the curriculum.
So we have decided to offer a complete solution for schools that handles everything for you, all managed remotely. Called ‘Total Typequick’ it includes:-
- All pupils enrolled on the courseware at the outset
- Each pupil is provided with simple log-in and user instructions
- Ongoing support for pupils via email, with response within 24 hours
- Pre and post course assessments set up remotely with full result reporting back to the school
- Certificates of Achievement issued, personalised for each pupil and customised with the school’s name and identity
- Ongoing monitoring of pupils’ progress, with occasional reports sent to the nominated teacher or administrator
- In-school typing competitions set up and managed remotely.
The only thing you would need to do is to provide us with a list of pupils’ names and (if they have them) email addresses and nominate a teacher or administrator as our main contact for the service. We’ll give you occasional reports on progress and you’ll have access to the Learning Management System so that you can see how things are going for yourself.
For more information and prices, contact Andy Stevenson at Type&Test on 01480 861867 or email email@example.com using the subject line ‘Total Typequick’.